Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Total Annihilation Gaming

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members of Total Annihilation Gaming via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Jigsaw

Steam Profile Integration   01/18/2017

Hey everyone you can add your steam profile to the forum. This is what your profile will look like. This is how to add your steam below.    
    • dekela

NEW Tanoa Exile server with CUP now open   08/13/2017

IP: 103.231.91.5  PORT: 2602 Please join this server as it will replace our current server at the end of this month (August). Thanks
Sign in to follow this  
Haunted Droid

TANOA Comp Request

24 posts in this topic

So I had just purchased a merlin from the Airport trader, after doing so I hooked up my strider and headed off to our base. I was flying cautiously when the automated chopper voice said something like "engine failure" and the chopper just shut off. The death message was the one where it says "User died because the universe hates him." Our family has a substantial amount of money but this is still aggravating. Can we please get comp for the Merlin and Strider. (The Strider was not at the Crash site.)  IGN: Mr

20171009174745_1.thumb.jpg.8b9eb3ff04bedc7a89dac596e47213d3.jpg20171009175035_1.thumb.jpg.35706ea56e090f290b60487e578ebe17.jpg

this is why i asked for a video. the pic only tells me the engine is off, not why its off.

you may have turned it off, AI/players could have shot it, the strider could have hit the heli. also you are flying at 196 kmh, which in itself can cause all kinds of issues when slinging a vehicle.

i am not in favour of compensation, but will see what the other admins think

There is no way any of the above happened. I have been playing Arma for awhile now and this was most certainly an Arma related bug. Also I have never had problems flying at this speed with a strider before.

And like I have said,  this is why we ask for a video.  With your 320hrs in Arma 3 this is a bug,  yet in my 5300+hrs in Arms 3 I have never seen a bug cause an engine to shut off on a helicopter. 

Yesterday you gave me 3 different  versions of what happened. 

• The heli randomly stalled
  • The strider may have flung up
  • The rotor crapped out

Previous to this you asked for compensation when a wall glitched out and blew up your heli.  But in actual fact you were moving the wall and struck the heli causing it to explode. 

Now I'm not saying your intentionally being dishonest, but you can see how this looks from my end. 

When there is clear proof of what happened I am more than happy to compensate, because that player has suffered an unfair disadvantage. But when there is little or no proof, I am reluctant to compensate as then that player receives an unfair advantage. 

Like I have said,  I will wait for the others admins decisions on this before making final judgment. Thank you for your patience. 

Yes the strider flung up once the rotor crapped out, look at the screenshot!! You can see the rotor is damaged for no reason. And what I meant by stalled is the rotor shut down/the engine didn't work.

And with regards to the wall thing I didn't know this issue was the players fault, because it had never happened.

Edited by Haunted Droid

I sat in team speak for 4 hours waiting for someone to talk to, you think I would make all this up for 40k of loot when if you look in our base you will see this is nothing.

Edited by Haunted Droid

First of with TS all admins work day jobs, so the forums are your best bet for compensations.

With this comp request I agree with Dekela unfortunately. I have been in a similar situation as what I believe you were in, did a fast manoveur causing the ropes to get tangled in the blades and shut it down mid flight, loosing everything! 

I strongly recommend having shadow play (or similar) running on your pc at all times! 

My opinion/decision no video no comp

Magpie

14 minutes ago, Magpie said:

First of with TS all admins work day jobs, so the forums are your best bet for compensations.

With this comp request I agree with Dekela unfortunately. I have been in a similar situation as what I believe you were in, did a fast manoveur causing the ropes to get tangled in the blades and shut it down mid flight, loosing everything! 

I strongly recommend having shadow play (or similar) running on your pc at all times! 

My opinion/decision no video no comp

Magpie

You've done a complete 180 on what you said to me before. Previously you refunded me an HMG strider with no proof what so ever, you explicitly told me to take screenshots for proof next time, which I have been doing.

I remember you now! And no I said screen shot your inventory and the strider I comped I said I'll give you benefit of the doubt! 

Clearly remebering you now! 

14 minutes ago, Magpie said:

I remember you now! And no I said screen shot your inventory and the strider I comped I said I'll give you benefit of the doubt! 

Clearly remebering you now! 

I get it now can't be soft when the boss is around :) Mayhem ready to deliver the finishing blow?

There  is no 'boss',  all admins have the same powers and rights.  Hence why we make decisions based of majority rule vote,  and I have been out voted before 

Not to play Devil's advocate here, but I have had vanilla ArmA 3 helicopters (that Merlin looks like part of CUP vehicles) shut down on me mid flight before. The notorious one for it (just so happens to be one of my favourite helicopters) is the Mohawk. I've had that helicopter shut down mid flight causing me to crash, I've had it blow up mid flight with no reason before, and don't even think about trying to land the damn thing on wooden floors because it will explode 9/10 times. It's a pain in the arse at times, but it has happened to me so I can vouch for that.

In this instance, it brings me back to the advice I give every single player on our servers. Always have a video. Keep something like Plays TV / Raptr / Shadowplay / Crimson running in the background. Unless you're running on a toaster, the FPS hit is basically minimal or non existent. As I don't really admin much anymore, take my say with a grain of salt. But I'd vote against in this instance as I would not be able to clearly determine the cause of the helicopter turning off (as Dekela has stated, we're not accusing you of being dishonest but we have been burnt time and time again with compensation requests) and this is why we always ask for more proof.

I'll reiterate again, it's a pain in the arse when stuff like this happens, but you also have to see why we request more evidence in these matters.

Just my 2¢ worth.

Mako

Thanks for the video,  makes this a lot easier to understand.  What you have is not any kind of bug,  it is a mechanical failure (que bitching Betty) most likely due to over stressing the heli. The only 2 default helis that can successfully lift a strider are the Taru and Huron, both capable of 12T lift. The Merlin is most likely limited the same as the Mohawk at 4T.  For the record,  the strider is 9.7T. I'm going to do a bit more research into this before making any decision. 

20 hours ago, Haunted Droid said:

I get it now can't be soft when the boss is around :) Mayhem ready to deliver the finishing blow?

Why didn't you start with the video? 

Next time you have a comp request, upload a video - that way we can see what happened not just screen shots.

Loose the sarcasm too - makes it really hard to be on your side when you're being a smart arse! 

However - based on the video alone I believe you should get compensated for both helo and strider! BUT waiting on Dekela to find the lifting capacity of the helo

Magpie

Just now, Magpie said:

Why didn't you start with the video? 

Next time you have a comp request, upload a video - that way we can see what happened not just screen shots.

Loose the sarcasm too - makes it really hard to be on your side when you're being a smart arse! 

However - based on the video alone I believe you should get compensated for both helo and strider! BUT waiting on Dekela to find the lifting capacity of the helo

Magpie

Because like I said this is the second incident.

Hey guys just want to accentuate that the video was of today, I basically just wanted to test if the previous incident was a one-off. The strider in the video is safe at my base so no comp is needed for that. So to clarify I am requesting comp for two merlins and one strider (original screenshot.) Sorry for my tone I was quite frustrated.  

This is the second incident yes,  buy it is not a bug.  The helicopter is telling you there is a failure, it is a built in feature so to speak. What I need to determine is whether your flight speed or habits had anything to do with influencing the crash 

Just now, dekela said:

This is the second incident yes,  buy it is not a bug.  The helicopter is telling you there is a failure, it is a built in feature so to speak. What I need to determine is whether your flight speed or habits had anything to do with influencing the crash 

Yep makes sense! If you watch the whole video I reach speeds of 250km/h but when the helicopter breaks I'm at 180. I tried to be very careful this time when flying to try and limit human error.

Also,  do you have advanced flight model enabled in arma?  I want to do some flight tests later at lower speed to see what happens in order to get to the cause. We will comp for the Merlin and strider in the video,  grab an admin when you see one in game,  or I'll get on later 

8 minutes ago, dekela said:

Also,  do you have advanced flight model enabled in arma?  I want to do some flight tests later at lower speed to see what happens in order to get to the cause. We will comp for the Merlin and strider in the video,  grab an admin when you see one in game,  or I'll get on later 

I will hop on now and check in settings.

Comp given,  topic closed 

as a follow up, this incident is indeed caused by over stressing the heli. I could fly around slinging a strider all day at speeds between 100~150, and with no sudden turns. The moment i increased speed and turned too tightly, bitching betty was screaming at me and the engine failed causing a crash. moral of the story, fly slow, turn gentle, and all will be good.