Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Total Annihilation Gaming

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members of Total Annihilation Gaming via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Jigsaw

Steam Profile Integration   01/18/2017

Hey everyone you can add your steam profile to the forum. This is what your profile will look like. This is how to add your steam below.    
    • dekela

NEW Tanoa Exile server with CUP now open   08/13/2017

IP: 103.231.91.5  PORT: 2602 Please join this server as it will replace our current server at the end of this month (August). Thanks
    • dekela

TAG Wasteland closing down   08/13/2017

Due to a decline in player numbers and donations, unfortunately our TAG Wasteland server will close down at the end of this month. (August)
dekela

Suggestions/Changes for Sept. server wipe

27 posts in this topic

Lets get a list of what changes you players would like to see on the exile server. Want HMG's back in the traders? Let us know. What about bringing back all weapons to the traders instead of spec ops only? Let us know. Want militarisation or weapon/vehicle mods? Let us know. This is YOUR chance to help mould the server to your play style. Lets get the ideas coming, lets get players interested in the server again and lets get on and kill stuff!

I am currently working on a mission where a random vehicle, such as a pawnee,  or mora etc. will spawn randomly on the map. they will be non persistent and will not be marked. Once you find it, you can either use it till restart, or sell it for much poptabs. However, once you find it, its position will be marked and updated for all to see.

The wipe is not far away, so lets get things happening

Can we wipe all thermals and not be able to carry them over.

6 minutes ago, Vishphat said:

as in helmets, titans and laser des?

I reckon everything, ive met alot of players who have no idea about them. i think if its fair across the board it could help server numbers and especially the helmet i found a few, they are way overpowered flying around in a ghost hawk with that equiped crazy.

Also if poptabs were limited so we would have to store them in safes that could be hacked, that would encourage base raiding.

17 hours ago, Vishphat said:

I agree with this, I think thermals should be wiped as it will level the playing field much more than if you left them in. It would also increase the amount of missions that would be completed everyday as players try to reacquire these items that will give them such a huge advantage over other players. 

As for other suggestions I'll have to return to the thread later on after I've done some research.

I meant they should be wiped for good. Without being able to re aquire them, it would make ot easier for new players. Also what do people think about no third person maybe that could help, i know i would rather play first person, its how it should be playes. It couljd help bring in people that want to play hardcore.

I agree with Vish, I think thermals should be taken out. They're nice to have, but I feel they "break" the game.

I don't agree with the poptabs thing. I think the lockers should stay, and be able to hold 900k+ poptabs.

I feel there should be a slightly greater selection of weapons and gear at the trader safe zones, but not the explosives/rockets/etc. Those should be kept at spec ops/black market imo.

I don't think HMG striders/hunters/ifrits should be available at traders. While I like having them, they are too OP IMO to be able to just buy over and over. Using them if you have them from missions should be a risk you have to weigh because of the difficulty to reacquire. Also, I don't know if it's something you can edit or find a mod for, but I have always been greatly bothered by the carry limits of the vehicles. I think it's ridiculous that something like ural/tempest/zamak etc have such low capacity. They should be able to carry 15k+ instead of 4-5k. There is no way a ural would barely be able to carry more than a jeep.

I'd also like to see the occasional roaming AI vehicle, and the ability to claim random spawn/ai vehicles with code locks.

WIP for next update:

• Add CUP weapons/units/vehicles to traders and spawn table
  • Return weapons/gear and HMG's to normal traders as per stock Exile (already done)
  • Lower locker capacity to 50k poptabs. This will force players to store money, but also transport it to buy expensive items/vehicles
  • Remove thermal helmets/laser des/sights/launchers. These items will not be available from trader or missions
  • Complete wipe, bases/vehicles/lockers/everything. Everyone to start on an even footing with the new changes in place
  • Changes to respect system to make it harder to get respect, therefore harder to acquire the higher tier items. 
  • MAYBE, and thats a big maybe, respect based spawn loadout. More respect, better starting gear
  • Give starting poptabs of 20k. This will allow for a few cheap loadouts for players
  • Remove the large Georgetown/Comms Alpha missions as the lag the server when loading and no one really does them anymore. Replace with extra ZCP and roaming AI

Let me know what you all think of this list. If you play with others, get them on to vote as well. We want to rebuild this community to its former glory. and need everyone's input

Thanks

I disagree with removing thermals all together. It's like saying all suppressors should be taken out. Perhaps just harder to find would be good.

I think it would be better for new players if we want to attract more people we should make changes to suit them not the regulars.

both or you guys have basically moved over to cherno, so how about listing what has drawn/kept you on there? obviously changes need to be made, but they need to be made for the greater community, and more consistent with other servers

I've heard players saying they don't want to build if there is only 1 month left till wipe.  Or even at 1 and a half months. So maybe bases should only be wiped 3 months after they are created. Just an idea.

I try to play on both i still love tanoa its a better map.

Im only on cherno when my friends are on, they are the only reason im on that one. I am working on getting them back but they will take a bit of convincing.

regular base wipes will be removed, and will only take place if performance becomes a major issue. and then, players will be given plenty of notice. hopefully through proper database maintenance and lower protection payment times this wont happen. unlocked vehicles outside VG will still be deleted daily, however the total weekly vehicle wipe will be removed.

also, TAG members will be changing their game play style. you will no longer see huge groups of us on the server rolling everyone. we will now be splitting into smaller groups and even attacking each other. the only time you will see large TAG groups is with admin events, or if there is another group of the same size. we will also be playing more with other random players to help them out.

anyway, a new Tanoa Exile server is up, with CUP, and a lot of changes to pricing/respect levels etc, as well as 20k start money in locker. Georgetown etc have been removed and replaced with an extra ZCP and roaming AI/occupations. it will be a constant work in progress to keep it fresh and what the players want. it currently only has the CUP weapons available for purchase and in loot spawns, but vehicles and clothing will also be added in shortly. there are no respect load outs available as yet, but can/will be introduced based off player interest

it is currently only 32 players, but will increase if it takes off. we need suggestions, and ideas and most of all players so we can continue to provide a server for us all to enjoy. it is currently a hosted server, but with players and donations it would go dedicated. it will also replace our current tanoa server

NAME: [TAG] Exile Tanoa|20k|Zombies|CUP|Missions|Roaming AI|Loyalty|

IP: 103.231.91.5

PORT: 2602

please jump on and have a look. bring your mates over as well, and most important, post up any issues or suggestions

Sorry, is the new server address 130.231.91.5 or 103.231.91.5?

The header on the front page gametracker is different from what's listed here in the thread:

ezWrtvR.png

57 minutes ago, R3nGr4v3 said:

Sorry, is the new server address 130.231.91.5 or 103.231.91.5?

The header on the front page gametracker is different from what's listed here in the thread:

ezWrtvR.png

fixed, fat fingers 

thanks for noticing

while currently there is a selection of CUP weapons available, should we compliment the existing Exile/Arma weapons with CUP, or replace them with their CUP equivalent? same question for the vehicles when introduced 

Well so far the transition to the new hosted server has gone pretty well.  Some players are a bit annoyed they lost all their bases/gear/tabs etc,  but most are fine and enjoying the fresh start.  

With the removal of thermals and introduction of CUP, it would not have been practical to carry over the database. 

Also,  as I previously mentioned, you will see a change from TAG clan members and staff on the new server. We have listened to concerns and are working to remedy the issues raised. 

Also,  some CUP vehicles have now been added to the server,  both in traders and as spawn. Someone say Jackal? 

Anyway,  new or old doesn't matter,  hop on and gave a crack.  Most of all enjoy yourself and post up issues or ideas.

Thanks

Trains would be cool, add a bit of living feel to the server. That's one of the big reasons for roaming AI vehicles imo.

Not personally fond of the roaming AI on foot or AI in towns without occupation mission markers though tbh.  One of the things that pushed me to leave my last server. 

17 minutes ago, R3nGr4v3 said:

Trains would be cool, add a bit of living feel to the server.

yeah its also a mode of transport if you dont have another vehicle

18 minutes ago, R3nGr4v3 said:

Not personally fond of the roaming AI on foot or AI in towns without occupation mission markers though tbh.

personally i prefer the surprise factor of not knowing where they are, but we can add in markers if this is what players would like. hopefully more players start to provide feed back for us to consider

i have also added more vehicles to the list of what can load mission crates. all trucks now should be able to load, as well as the new CUP datsuns

I think ATS would be a nice addition to the server, I remember seeing it on one of FRANKIEonPC's videos and I thought it was brilliant.

Also me and my crew were discussing what add-ons would be nice if added to the server and the reoccurring one that popped up was RHSUSAF, I was asked to pass this suggestion on to you for consideration.

Lastly Dekla I noticed a little bit of a problem last night regarding the G17, it spawns with an under-barrel light attachment, when sold it fills your inventory with underbarrel lights endlessly. I did a little research in to the problem myself and came across this little tidbit of information on the exile website:  Loot Table Compiler

Important:

Do NOT add weapons to your loot tables that spawn with attachments, as this will allow endless duping! Use the variant without attachments.

I'll keep you updated if we find anymore problems or have any more suggestions.

Edited by UnHoLy--AcE

Also another question from one of my crew who all seem to be reluctant create their own forum accounts >.>

Would it be possible to claim/re-code vehicles taken from roaming AI, Snow and Eagle managed to bag a Tempest (Device) last night and really wanted to keep it.

You could make players that want to claim those vehicles pay a premium?