Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Total Annihilation Gaming

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members of Total Annihilation Gaming via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Jigsaw

Steam Profile Integration   01/18/2017

Hey everyone you can add your steam profile to the forum. This is what your profile will look like. This is how to add your steam below.    
    • dekela

SERVER DONATIONS   06/16/2017

Please donate.  We need to reach our monthly goal by the 28th in order to keep the servers online.  Thanks 
    • dekela

Malden Wasteland Server NOW LIVE   06/23/2017

SERVER IP: 43.245.162.106 PORT: 2322 ALL WELCOME!
Sign in to follow this  
Mako

TANOA EXILE: Adding Tracked IFVs to Legendary Invasion Rewards

Tracked IFVs as Legendary Invasion Reward   11 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Should tracked IFVs be added as mission rewards to "Legendary" level invasions?

• Yes, add all 3 candidate IFVs
    • Yes, but add just X candidate (say what one and why in the comments)
    • Hell no! Don't break the balance, yo.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 posts in this topic

Basically, as the title says. For "Legendary" level invasions, add the option to spawn one of the three lesser tracked IFVs (namely, the FV-720 Mora, the BTR-K Kamysh and the IFV-6c Panther). Through testing in the Virtual Garage, these three IFVs seem to be the only tracked vehicles that aren't over the top overpowered in terms of armaments and are still fairly easy to disable with proper AT support (namely, PCML / Titan / RPG / AT mines). I know this is almost completely contradictory to the direction we, as TAG, appear to be heading in terms of balancing. However, a few parameters can be examined. Firstly, I personally almost always never leave base without some for of AT capacity (usually, a PCML tube and two missiles, sometimes I carry SLAM mines) AT is not all that hard to come by, and its fairly cheap for the firepower you get in return. Thus the IFVs already start at a disadvantage because I am yet to see a squad on the server without some form of AT (solo players may be an exception, but even then I still carry AT, hell, solo play MAKES me carry AT to cover my arse sometimes). Second parameter, due to their bulky and large nature, the IFVs have very limited areas of operation where they can truly be used to full capacity without exposing it to severe risk (only open roads / towns / some jungle clearings) thus with the terrain of Tanoa, the IFVs are yet again at a disadvantage. Third parameter, because of their proposed rarity, possession of an IFV would be a prestige symbol and thus players would not risk them as often as armed Striders / Hunters are now. But it would then enable players to use mechanised infantry tactics with dismounts supporting a tracked lump of metal with big scary guns. However, it is not impossible for a semi-decent (in terms of skill and equipment) squad to disable and steal another team's IFV in an engagement. I believe the addition of even one of these vehicles (my preference is the Mora, overall it seemed to fit and feel better than the other two candidates) will dynamically change the game. What say you, community?

EDIT: Forgot to cast my vote. FV-720 Mora.

We just polled to remove armoured vehicles. 

I think we have to remember that we in exile are convicts, the island shouldn't have these types of vehicles. I think at most armed off roads and prowlers, something with risk to gun from.

POLL CLOSED.

VERDICT: NO TRACKED IFVs WILL BE ADDED TO [TAG] TANOA EXILE AS PER THE TALLIED VOTES OF 5 IN FAVOUR, SIX AGAINST.

THREAD LOCKED.